Tired of lotion and heavy creams? Want something that melts easily into your skin without leaving a sticky residue behind? Try a homemade body butter!
Making your own whipped body butter is extremely easy. All you have to do is melt the oils and butter together and whip it up. It's best to apply body butter after you've taken a bath, because your skin is damp and moist - applying the body butter will seal in moisture.
You can add a natural scent to your body butter by adding essential oils, or you can add synthetic fragrances but it's not recommended for sensitive skin types. My base recipe for a whipped body butter is made with shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil (or any other plant oil), vitamin E, and an essential oil.
DIY BODY BUTTER
Yields 4 Ounces | Prep 5 Mins | Total Time 1 Hour
2 Ounces (4 Tbsp) Shea Butter
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Jojoba Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
1 Tbsp Vitamin E Oil
1 ML (20 Drops) Essential Oil (optional)
1. Melt Shea Butter & Coconut Oil together in a glass bowl, using a double boiler method.
2. Set aside until it cools down.
3. Add Jojoba or Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E oil and stir.
4. Place mixture in the fridge for about 45 minutes or until it hardens.
5. Remove from fridge and use a hand mixer and whip for 10 minutes until the butter is fluffy and white.
6. Add essential oils and mix.
7. Store in a jar with a lid.
Tip: You can use beeswax (or candelilla wax) to solidify the butter to prevent melting. Too busy to make your own? No worries, you can purchase a body butter from our Bebeleelee Naturals shop!
Subscribe to my Youtube channel! Click here Leelee's Youtube channel!