Let’s face it. We’ve all experienced dry and damaged hair. Some of us are tired of store-bought products that only mask the problem, temporarily. What if I told you it’s easy to make your own hair products? it’s rewarding and saves you a lot of cash. Here are 3 natural DIY recipes for your curly hair!
1. DIY Flaxseed & Shea Butter Curling Custard
This all-natural shine enhancing curl custard (gel/oil) provides a firm hold for curl definition, while helping restore moisture to the hair. Flaxseeds are rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 may help in hair loss prevention, hair thinning, and dry scalp and dandruff. Flaxseeds help prevent breakage by enhancing elasticity. Shea butter is filled with Vitamin E and A, and essential fatty acids that will help add moisture to the hair.
Ground Flaxseeds ¼ Cup
African Shea Butter ¼ Cup
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 Tbsp
Coconut Oil 1 Tbsp
Pure Honey 1 Tbsp
Essential Oil 3 Drops
1. Heat Ground flaxseeds (on double boiler)
2. Add Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, and Pure Honey
3. Stir until melted (on medium heat)
4. Once oil separates, use a fine mesh strainer to extract the oil
5. Add essential oil
6. Refrigerate for 45 minutes, until solid
7. Remove from the refrigerator, and whip with a hand mixer for 5 – 10 minutes.
8. Store it in an airtight container.
2. DIY Aloe Vera & Gelatin Hair Gel
Aloe Vera promotes hair growth, soothes your scalp, and it will condition your hair and lock in nutrients & hydration. Gelatin is a protein derived from collagen. Research shows that gelatin can improve hair thickness and growth. It Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E, and magnesium. Promotes growth by slowing down hair breakage and split ends!
Aloe Vera Plant (1)
Gelatin Powder 1 Tbsp
Sweet Almond Oil 1 Tsp
1. Extract gel from the Aloe Vera plant with a spoon, set aside
2. Pour ¼ cold water in a bowl
3. Add 1 Tbsp of gelatin powder, let sit for 1 minute
4. Add 1 cup of room temperature water, and boil on medium, remove from heat
5. Add ¼ cup of Aloe Vera gel
6. Add Sweet Almond Oil, and essential oil, stir
7. Pour mix in an air-tight container, and let it cool for 1 hour
3. DIY Flaxseed Gel/Souffle
Define your curls with a smooth, soft finish. This all-natural flaxseed gel (with Jojoba Oil) will keep your hair frizz-free and shiny.
Flaxseeds ½ cup
Jojoba Oil 1 Tsp
Vitamin E Oil
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil
2. Add ½ Cup of flaxseeds, and boil on medium heat
3. Wait until it becomes frothy & white on top
4. Use a fine mesh strainer to separate the gel
5. Add 1 Tsp Pure Jojoba Oil
6. Add 1 Tsp Vitamin E (like Jason’s)
7. Add essential oil
8. Store in an airtight container
If you like these recipes, there’s more, along with tips & beauty hacks. Follow me on Instagram & Subscribe to my YouTube, Bebe Leelee.